This is a survey that has been making the rounds on facebook lately, but I took it from my friend’s myspace page.
1) What author do you own the most books by? Neil Gaiman
2) What book do you own the most copies of? Edgar Allan Poe’s short stories and poems
3) Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions? Not even a little bit.
4) What fictional character are you secretly in love with? Lucifer from the Vertigo universe
4a) What fictional character would you most like to be? Mazikeen who is Lucifer’s main squeeze and kick a hell of a lot of ass.
4b) What fictional character do you think most resembles you? Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice
5) What book have you read the most times in your life? Metamorphosis for school. I hate that book. Must have been forced to read it like 4x.
6) What was your favorite book when you were ten years old? Sun, Moon, and Stars
7) What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year? He’s just not that into you
8) What is the best book you’ve read in the past year? Dispatches from the Edge
9) If you could force everyone you tagged to read one book, what would it be? Slaughterhouse Five
10) Who deserves to win the next Nobel Prize for literature? I have no idea.
11) What book would you most like to see made into a movie? They need to remake Slaughterhouse Five
12) What book would you least like to see made into a movie? Ummm… The Bible?
13) Describe your weirdest dream involving a writer, book, or literary character.
I dreamed once I accidently trapped Death in a plastic bubble and her brother Dream was going to kill me for it. (Sandman Vertigo by Neil Gaiman)
14) What is the most lowbrow book you’ve read as an adult? He’s Just Not That Into You
15) What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read? I can’t ever seem to finish The Brothers Karamazov
16) What is the most obscure Shakespeare play you’ve seen? I’ve never seen any. Not unless you count movie versions.
17) Do you prefer the French or the Russians? French (she says with very little familiarity either way…)
18) Roth or Updike? I haven’t read either. I don’t know who Updike is.
19) David Sedaris or Dave Eggers? I’m not very literary I realize now. I’ve never heard of Eggers. Never read Sedaris.
20) Shakespeare, Milton, or Chaucer? Shakespeare.
21) Austen or Eliot? Austen.
22) What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading? I’ve never read Paradise Lost
23) What is your favorite novel? Slaughterhouse Five
24) Play? McBeth. Or maybe Kiss of the Spiderwoman
25) Poem? The Raven
26) Essay? Nothing comes to mind…
27) Short story? The Fall of the House of Usher
28) Work of non-fiction? How to Win Friends and Influence People I live by this book. Or try.
29) Who is your favorite writer? Kurt Vonnegut
30) Who is the most overrated writer alive today? Dan Brown.
31) What is your desert island book? Slaughterhouse Five
32) And … what are you reading right now? Esp, Hauntings and Poltergeists: A Parapsychologist’s Handbook