About 3 years ago I suggested to my daughter that we go on a road trip the summer before she started high school. I said we could go anywhere in the US she wanted to go. In hindsight I’m lucky she said Graceland because it could have been somewhere so far I would have had to ask her to pick something else. But, luckily she picked Graceland which is far, but not crazy far from Miami. And three years later she has never wavered from wanting the road trip to Graceland.
This year she starts high school. Holy shit. And even though I was nervous and hesitant, I grit my teeth and decided to push through and head out. A decision I only finalized two days before we left when I finally decided on a route and reserved some hotel rooms.
You can see the pics in the links below. I’ve divided them into smaller, easier categories. And you can read a short version of the experience under the cut below the links.
- The Walking Dead (Georgia): https://flic.kr/s/aHskEDoMNi
- Fried Green Tomatoes (Georgia): https://flic.kr/s/aHskEf6WGw
- National Civil Right Museum (Memphis): https://flic.kr/s/aHskFMH6Ss
- Graceland (Memphis): https://flic.kr/s/aHskEf5VEy
- New Orleans : https://flic.kr/s/aHskEf6CgJ
- Odds & Ends: https://flic.kr/s/aHskBjYawx
Read all about the trip :